Welcome Badger Family!
Welcome to the online SOAR Parent & Family Program! As students participate in their own SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) experience, we invite you to join us here for the SOAR Parent & Family Orientation. This online program will provide you with the information and resources you need to support students during their university transition and beyond.
Start your SOAR experience here
By participating in the SOAR online experience, you will:
- Understand the transition process of new students to UW–Madison
- Understand and have confidence in the academic advising process at UW–Madison
- Understand campus resources and opportunities available to you and your student
- Have the opportunity to connect with UW–Madison staff/faculty, current students, and other participants in the SOAR program
- Feel comfortable and confident in your student’s decision to attend UW–Madison
For the purposes of our program, “parent and family” includes, but is not limited to, parents, stepparents, extended family members, chosen family members, foster parents, and legal guardians.